Thursday

Our American Angels

~written by Cendi Micor

I woke up this morning and did my routine...turned off my alarm, grab my phone and checked my tweets. I tweeted about how grateful I am to have had a successful new year as a Certified Wedding Coordinator. Then, coincidentally enough, I came across a tweet from WISH UPON A WEDDING. This American organization was founded by Liz Guthrie as she was planning a large-scale giveaway. She came across so many stories of hardship that it influenced her to go out and do something positive.



They are America's only wedding wish grant organization and they allow the opportunity for couples with a life-threatening illness to have the wedding they are entitled to. Regardless of whether or not they have months or years to live, we all need to have our "big day" no matter how big or small.

If you would like to help, you can donate, take donation instead of gifts for a registry, offer chance to donate instead of favours and wedding vendors can contribute a portion of their profits.

So to all brides and grooms out there who are stressing over your planning....realize that there are others out there who are dealing with worse situations. Appreciate who and what you have and, at the risk of sounding cliche, live each day to the fullest!!

2 comments: